Tether Info & Links
- Historical Data
- $45B DeFi market cap and soaring TVL suggest the best is yet to comeNews – DoingCoin - 2 hours agoBy DoingCoin – Crypto Community The decentralized finance market cap reached $45 billion as the total value locked in DeFi continues to rise to new…
- Ethereum estableció un nuevo precio históricoNews – DoingCoin - 3 hours agoBy DoingCoin – Crypto Community DoingCoin La segunda criptomoneda más importante del mercado, Ethereum, estableció un nuevo precio histórico este domingo. Creciendo hoy un 5%.…
- Coinbase tiene más de USD 90 mil millones en activosNews – DoingCoin - 3 hours agoBy DoingCoin – Crypto Community DoingCoin Coinbase ahora tiene más de 90 mil millones de dólares en activos en la plataforma. Experimentando un enorme crecimiento…
- Opciones de Bitcoin: Toros se perfilan como predominantes para este 29 de eneroNews – DoingCoin - 3 hours agoBy DoingCoin – Crypto Community DoingCoin Los toros mantienen cierto dominio en el sentimiento para este 29 de enero, cuando se vencen $4 mil millones…
- The dominoes are falling: Another NASDAQ-listed firm just bought BitcoinNews – DoingCoin - 3 hours agoBy DoingCoin – Crypto Community NASDAQ-listed Marathon Patent Group just announced it had purchased 4,812.66 Bitcoin in a $150 million aggregate deal. The firm’s CEO…
What is Tether?
Tether is a tocken issued by Tether Limited company which belongs to the Bitfinex trading platform. It was built on top of Omni Layer digital currency protocol, which works on the Bitcoin blockchain.
Tether is a blockchain-based cryptocurrency whose cryptocoins in circulation are backed by an equivalent amount of traditional fiat currencies, like the dollar, the euro or the Japanese yen, which are held in a designated bank account. Tether tokens, the native tokens of the Tether network, trade under the USDT symbol.
The main purpose of this token is to provide stability to traders and members of cryptocurrency market, because Tether is claimed to be backed by US dollars on Tether Ltd bank accounts, so its price is not as volatile as prices of other cryptocurrencies. However, that remains yet to be proven and is is the reason why the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission issued subpoenas to both Tether and Bitfinex. Also Tether Ltd underlines that the Tether token is not a financial instrument, and the owners of Tethers have no rights for legal claims or guarantees against losses.
Nevertheless, tether is a very popular token and is used by a number of exchanges (mostly the crypto to crypto only ones) as their main stablecoin. The amount of Tethers grew up to $2.8 billion. During summer 2018 around 80% of Bitcoin volume was traded in Tethers.
Tether is a cryptocurrency with a price of $0.998263 and marketcap of $24,879,103,765. Tether's market price has decreased -0.24% in the last 24 hours. It ranks 3 amongst all cryptocurrencies with daily volume of $81,289,519,448.