Monero Info & Links
- Historical Data
- Zcash Arborist Call – December 2020News – DoingCoin - 38 minutes agoBy DoingCoin – Crypto Community A monthly protocol development meeting focused on tracking upcoming protocol deployment logistics, consensus node implementation issues, and protocol research. This…
- Moving Forward: Addressing the ZOMG’s Seat VacancyNews – DoingCoin - 38 minutes agoBy DoingCoin – Crypto Community This weekend, Sarah Jamie Lewis announced her resignation from the ZOMG committee (formerly known as the MGRC). Sarah is a…
- Fazendo Trades e Análise Técnica – Binance Masterclass: Do Bitcoin à BinanceNews – DoingCoin - 38 minutes agoBy DoingCoin – Crypto Community No último dia do nosso Masterclass vamos nos aprofundar mais em trading. Nosso Binance Angel e especialista Hélio Silva irá…
- Ethereum, ETH 2.0 e o Futuro dessa Tecnologia – Binance Masterclass: Do Bitcoin à BinanceNews – DoingCoin - 38 minutes agoBy DoingCoin – Crypto Community Ethereum e o futuro! Venha saber mais sobre o grande sistema da Ethereum e sobre o que vem por aí…
- O Futuro do Bitcoin e as Oportunidades que as Criptomoedas Trazem – Binance MasterclassNews – DoingCoin - 38 minutes agoBy DoingCoin – Crypto Community O que é o Bitcoin e para quê ele serve? Venha descobrir nesse aulão com o Felipe Escudeiro, do canal…
What is Monero?
Monero (launched 2014) is a privacy focused cryptocurrency which is based on Cryptonote technology. Privacy is built in its design by default for all the network participants. The development is currently led by Riccardo Spagni with a few other core protocol developers after splitting from the original Bitmonero project (forked from bytecoin) in 2014.
Monero has unbounded inflation, after emission of 18.132 million monero (May 2022), a constant tail emission of 0.6 XMR every 2 minutes will ck in resulting around 1% inflation per year. A permanent inflation keeps miners incentivized, thereby securing the network.
Monero enables untraceable and unlinkable transactions. It uses Ring signatures to protect sender identity, stealth address to protect recipient identity and Ring CT (Ring confidential transaction) to protect transaction amount. This is vastly different from Bitcoin where all transactions are visible to everyone and a sophisticated blockchain analysis can potentially reveal a user's identity. Monero is currently working on Kouri to integrate I2P (The invisible internet project) to protect users IP address as well.
In April 2018, Monero made an effort (successful so far) to become ASIC resistance, in order to prevent mining centralization. Monero's privacy feature makes a true fungible coin. It also supports the concept of 'view key'. Using a 'view key' a user can share transaction details with a third party or an auditor. No one can spend coins using 'view key'.
Governments are usually not greats fans of the anonymous cryptocurrency concept. Notably, the Japanese Financial Security Agency is already trying to ban such coins, as they worry that they can be used for illegal activities. However, Monero's community is strong and supportive and most probably a real market need for a privacy respecting coin will always be there. (eg. Monero is already a primary payment method for buying branded Tor onion domains).
Monero is a cryptocurrency with a price of $137.66 and marketcap of $2,454,703,890. Monero's market price has increased 0.03% in the last 24 hours. It ranks 18 amongst all cryptocurrencies with daily volume of $466,096,222.