$410.26 (May 10, 2021)
Litecoin Info & Links
- Historical Data
- While Gains Have Been Slower Than Most Crypto Assets, Meme Coin Economy Swells by 24%DoingCoin - 1 hour ago...
- Biggest Movers: MATIC, SOL Move Towards 4-Month Highs on SaturdayDoingCoin - 1 hour ago...
- Bitcoin, Ethereum Technical Analysis: ETH Hits $2,000 for First Time Since MayDoingCoin - 1 hour ago...
- Central African Republic President Says Successful Launch of Sango Coin a Key MilestoneDoingCoin - 1 hour ago...
- Netskope Discovers Hackers Are Using Google Sites and Microsoft Azure to Steal CryptoDoingCoin - 7 hours ago...
What is Litecoin?
Litecoin is a peer-to-peer cryptocurrency created by Charlie Lee. It was created based on the Bitcoin protocol but differs in terms of the hashing algorithm used. Litecoin uses the memory intensive Scrypt proof of work mining algorithm. Scrypt allows consumer-grade hardware such as GPU to mine those coins. Why Litecoin? Litecoin is a cryptocurrency that has evolved from Bitcoin after its own popularity in the industry, this alternative, or "altcoin" has emerged to allow investors to diversify their digital currency package, according to Investopedia.
Litecoin (LTC) claimed the status of silver (compared to Bitcoin's gold status). It works very similar to Bitcoin and differs mainly in parameters such as hashing algorithm (scrypt), coin supply limit (84 million) and average blocktime(2.5 minutes).
Litecoin was launched in 2011 by former Google engineer Charlie Lee, in order to enable CPU mining at a time when GPUs took over as Bitcoin's primary mining driver. However people later managed to port Scrypt over to GPU as well as ASICs, yet tecoin has still managed to remain mostly in top 10 cyptocurrency list (ordered by market capitalization).
Litecoin is a cryptocurrency with a price of $64.74 and marketcap of $4,587,599,903. Litecoin's market price has increased 4.73% in the last 24 hours. It ranks 21 amongst all cryptocurrencies with daily volume of $377,237,038.
👆 Top Gainers
👇🏾 Top Losers